The values of Social Development Sector are:
- Accountability- taking ownership for decisions and actions and accepting the consequences that come with them.
- Caring- showing sympathy and concern; embodying heart for all stakeholders and beneficiaries.
- Equality and equality- treating everyone fairly and equally.
- Human dignity- respecting everyone’s human rights.
- Respect- showing due regard for the rights and obligations for others.
The mandate of Social Development Sector is;
- The Social Development Sector provides social protection services and leads government efforts to forge partnerships through which vulnerable individuals, groups, and communities become capable and self-reliant participants.
The vision is:
- A caring and self-reliant society.
The mission is:
- Provision of integrated, comprehensive and sustainable social development services.